Sunday, March 22, 2009

Itinerary

I'm traveling to Europe for the first time this Spring! I'll be spending three weeks there and traveling to four countries. Rather than keep a traditional travel journal, I've decided to take advantage of the widespread wifi connections that now exist and blog about my experience. This will be for my own benefit, to reflect on my experiences, but also for my students, family, and friends to be able to follow my journey and (hopefully) keep in touch while I'm away by leaving comments. I'll be posting daily if possible with my favorite people, places, foods, and of course experiences.

The following is an itinerary of my trip. I've included some information for my students about the places I'm visiting.

Saturday, March 28: I will fly to London, England, where I will be staying with my old friend Pat Burks. I will travel 5426 miles (8732 km), which will take 13 hours and 5 minutes. London is the capital of the United Kingdom, which includes England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

Tuesday, March 31: Pat and I will take a train to Edinburgh, Scotland. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.

Thursday, April 2: Pat and I will return to London by train, stopping for 10 hours in York, England. Pat went to graduate school at the University of York.

Monday, April 6: I fly to Barcelona, Spain, where I will meet my parents. Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain (the first is Madrid), and is on the Mediterranean Sea. My wife Laurie will join us on April 11.

Monday, April 13: We will travel by car down the Mediterranean coast to the town of Benidorm, Spain.

Tuesday, April 14: We will continue on to Granada, Spain, home of the Alhambra palace.

Thursday, April 16: Laurie and I will leave my parents and travel to Paris, France by train. We will stop in Madrid, Spain (the capital) for 5 hours, during which we will hopefully be able to visit the Museo del Prado (a famous museum). We will sleep on the train to Paris.

Friday, April 17: Laurie and I will arrive in Paris, the City of Lights. Paris is the capital of France.

Sunday, April 19: Laurie and I will fly home to Ontario International Airport.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mr.Hicks. How is europe ? good bad? oh and do we have shcool off tommorow?


    your student
    thomas



    march 23 2009

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thomas. Europe is great so far. Sorry for the late response, but yes, as you now know, you had school off on 3/30. :-)

    ReplyDelete